Saturday, July 2, 2011

Bio

Where do I start?

Well, I like to always say that "I have been drawing and writing since the day my fingers blossomed into pencils".  Coming from a socially and emotionally damaging childhood, I had to find a way to occupy my time. In others words I had to find a way to escape the crap. Somewhere along the way my love for the arts developed. I never really thought of myself as 'good' or even 'talented' but I knew that no matter what I just had to draw or write something. So here I am today still trying to deal and no matter what I just have to draw or write.

I don't have a BA in art or any kind of schooling what so ever but what I do have is shear love of putting something on paper. Sure I went to school for other things, like to have a real career in computers "Yea Right". No offense to anyone, it just wasn't for me. Art has always been there. So here I am exposing it, in all it's glory or mortification. You take it as you see it either way its there.

Inspiration

I grab inspiration from almost anything. I have a ton of notes where I have jotted down ideas. Thank God I have and iPhone or else I would be a tower of sticky notes.

My work tends to look more dream like but maybe that's because I spend too much time in my own head. I use a variety of medias, from...chalk to charcoal, acrylic and digital. Its so much fun to jot down a sketch then edit it in photo shop. The transition of lighting is amazing and really gives the art a pop.

I prefer to keep it childlike, cause somewhere along the way that was the one thing I lost.

Sherry D.

No comments:

Post a Comment